    to tftp the Os to the current version, 6 x? something. I have plenty
    of ram and flash ram, 128k and 16k I think,

    My email is

    Doug Scott, Jul 15, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Doug Scott <> wrote:
    :I am running a Cisco Pix 520 with cer 5.0.1 os. I would love to
    :upgrade the O.S. to the current version, but I do not have support at
    :Cisco. Since this is a used home system,

    PIX software licenses are not transferable, so you probably do not
    have the right to run even 5.0(1) on the PIX.

    :I can not afford 2000.00 for
    :a year of support.

    You can buy a software upgrade instead of getting support.

    :Could someone give me access to the files I need
    :to tftp the Os to the current version, 6 x? something.

    Sorry, if I were to allow you to use the copy I have, I would
    lose the right to use the software myself.

    If you had a valid software license, you could possibly get the
    TAC to upgrade you to something around 5.1(3) in order to fix
    known security problems.
    --
    Scintillate, scintillate, globule vivific
    Fain would I fathom thy nature specific.

    Walter Roberson, Jul 16, 2003