    as it claims?
    thank you,

    Ron
    RB, Jan 2, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    RB <> wrote:
    >I purchased a used Cisco Pix 515e last year. It is currently running
    >version 6.3 and I need to upgrade the software due to new VoIP phones
    >we just had installed and also to have better performance on our VPN
    >client. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get the newest
    >version of the software for the Pix 515e?

    "relicense" the PIX with Cisco, and then get a support contract.

    >also, does adding a VAC card the pix really improve the VPN performance
    >as it claims?

    a VAC+ would be preferable to a VAC; it is noticably faster.

    I cannot answer your question from my own experience, but I can
    say that Cisco has posted VPN throughput rates for all three possibilities
    (no card, VAC, VAC+), and if it was the case that there was no
    improvement over not having any card, we would have expected some
    noise and some lawsuits.
    Walter Roberson, Jan 2, 2007

  3. RB

    Rohan Guest

    "RB" <> wrote in message
    >I purchased a used Cisco Pix 515e last year. It is currently running
    > version 6.3 and I need to upgrade the software due to new VoIP phones
    > we just had installed and also to have better performance on our VPN
    > client. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get the newest
    > version of the software for the Pix 515e?
    >
    > also, does adding a VAC card the pix really improve the VPN performance
    > as it claims?
    > thank you,
    >
    > Ron

    Hi Ron,

    If the unit is already in warranty, you can contact Cisco Support they can
    direct you onto how to download. If it is not contact support anyways and
    see if they can give a break on download the latest binary file.

    VAC+ will improve performance versus one w/o.

    The following is the datasheet
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a0080210cd9.html

    ..
    Rohan, Jan 2, 2007
  4. RB

    Guest

    RB wrote:
    > I purchased a used Cisco Pix 515e last year. It is currently running
    > version 6.3 and I need to upgrade the software due to new VoIP phones
    > we just had installed and also to have better performance on our VPN
    > client. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can get the newest
    > version of the software for the Pix 515e?
    >
    > also, does adding a VAC card the pix really improve the VPN performance
    > as it claims?
    > thank you,
    >
    > Ron

    is it "restricted" or "unrestricted"?
    I might be mistaken, but "restricted" version does not really use VAC
    (even though it shows in sh ver)

    Roman Nakhmanson
    , Jan 2, 2007
  5. RB

    w_basheer Guest

    hi;

    from the data sheet of PIX515E it clears that the VAC or VAC+ supported
    for UR/FO/FOAA

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/ps4094/index.html

    Regards,

    w_basheer, Jan 2, 2007