    I saw someone do this using Hyperterminal with Cut/Paste a few years
    ago, but cannot reproduce.

    Thanks,

    g, Feb 6, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    g <> wrote:

    >How does one completely replace the code on a Pix 515?

    >I saw someone do this using Hyperterminal with Cut/Paste a few years
    >ago, but cannot reproduce.

    You would need to set your terminal emulator to pause at least one
    second after sending each line. If the configuration is at all
    big, then you might need 2 or 3 seconds after each line. The buffers
    on the PIX are not very big.

    Also, if you use copy + paste, then you are going to end up with
    invalid passwords, at least if what you are copying is
    "show terminal".

    The "proper" way to replace the configuration is to clear the
    configuration, then configure the tftp-server command, and then
    use the "copy" command to copy the new configuration in from a
    tftp server.

    If you are using PIX 7.x then you could instead use a tftp server
    and copy the configuration into a named file, and then tell the
    PIX to use that file as the current configuration.
    Walter Roberson, Feb 6, 2007