    I've got a need to increase the number of ip adresses on one of the interfaces. My 192.168.7.0 network is allready at max capacity and I've added a 192.168.5.0 to the DHCP server. Now I'm not that good a configuring these things (else I wouldn't be asking here :)) so I'm really desperate for help. What I need is a configuration that allows the 2 networks to talk with eachother (without restrictions) and to be able to go on the internet via the same IP that the 192.168.7.0 adresses do. Any input?

    -Hasse

    Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
    Hrdalen, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Hrdalen

    maco

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2007
    Messages:
    10
    change the subnet mask on the PIx.

    For example, when the IP of inside interface is 192.168.7.1 255.255.255.0 change it to 192.168.7.1 255.255.0.0.

    But it is a question if you are using the PIX as default gateway on all of the PCs. If there is some router that is routing those two subnets then the PIX should be the default gateway for the router.
    As i don't see in your network, i can tell only this..

    maco, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Hrdalen

    Hrdalen

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Sigh, my fault..

    Quick explanation:

    The Pix is the gateway for both nets, there's no separate router for the .5 net. It's ip is 192.168.7.251, I suspect the 192.168.5.0 net also will have to use the 7.251 as gateway to make it as easy as possible. Both net's are on the same interface on the Pix.

    -Hasse

    Hrdalen, Jun 15, 2007