CISCO PIX 501 No Loopback Interface?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by sp3gcf, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. sp3gcf

    sp3gcf

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    Messages:
    7
    Hi,
    I need to set up a static route which points to loopback interface.
    I've been googling around for couple of hours without any luck:neutral: .
    Does anyone know how to enable this interface?
    when I type 'show interface' it only shows:

    "interface ethernet0 "outside" is up, line protocol is up
    ...."
    "interface ethernet1 "inside" is up, line protocol is up
    ..."
    when I try to type "show interface loopback0" the CLI won't accept the command.

    pixfirewall# sh ver
    Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(5)
    Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(4)
    Compiled on Thu 04-Aug-05 21:40 by morlee
    pixfirewall up 1 hour 53 mins
    Hardware: PIX-501, 16 MB RAM, CPU Am5x86 133 MHz

    I will be very appreciate for any help.

    Thanks
    Tom

    sp3gcf, Nov 1, 2007