Cisco pix 501 config

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ciscokid, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. ciscokid

    ciscokid

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    new to the forum, not so new to the genre...

    In any case, I am trying to configure a Cisco Pix 501 to route authenticated VPN user internet traffic via an internal gateway, vs or in conjunction with the split tunneling method in which the authenticated VPN user will have his own external IP address.

    for example:

    user1 --> Public ip 10.10.10.1
    Authenticates to VPN gets internal IP address 192.168.1.25 from external interface 5.5.5.1

    i have another gateway server on the internal network that has external IP of 5.5.5.2

    when browsing the internet, I want the user to browse from 5.5.5.2 (or 5.5.5.1, but I know there is some u-turn issue with the Ppix that won't allow this)

    Any help on this would be much appreciated. I have been arguing with several senior sysadmins about the "u-turn" issue, which I don't feel is relevant, since we could still use 5.5.5.2.

    Thank you in advance.

    ck
    ciscokid, Sep 12, 2008