CISCO PING problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Piotr P, Jan 26, 2005.

  1. Piotr P

    Piotr P Guest

    Hello,
    I have two devices in WAN network between which I want to check
    connectivity.
    First device is a router with FE and Serial interface
    Second device is IP Server.

    As I use extended ping from first device (router) and set destination
    as "ip address of second device" and sourse as "FE interface's ip
    address", it works well

    But I want to set up Cisco Remote PING using snmpset form my
    management station.

    When I set up all needed steps to make snmp test it's not reach the
    destination.
    I set up the same options using snmp destination as "ip address of
    second device" and sourse as "FE interface's ip address".

    I am sure it is not snmp issue, bacause I can reach my NMS that way
    (set ping via snmp).

    Any suggests ar welcome :)

    Thx
    Antii

    Piotr P, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Piotr P

    Guest

    turn on debug icmp to see what the content of the ICMP packets that are
    gnerated via SNMP

    , Jan 27, 2005