    Is there a work around in the TFTPpath?

    Regards,
    Andy.
    Andy, Nov 6, 2007

  2. Andy

    Guest

    can you please provide little more details in this regard as i think
    this setting is in Call Manager through which you set default load
    information(file to load), Device pool and Phone template.

    and yes phone load these settings through TFTP settings

    Ali

    Andy wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I have a Cisco phone 7970 running on Call Manager 4.1, i am having a
    > problem in the device defaults, not updating after i upgrade using the
    > exe file.
    >
    > Is there a work around in the TFTPpath?
    >

    > Regards,
    > Andy.
    , Nov 6, 2007

  3. Andy

    Jon Guest

    On Nov 6, 7:59 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > can you please provide little more details in this regard as i think
    > this setting is in Call Manager through which you set default load
    > information(file to load), Device pool and Phone template.
    >
    > and yes phone load these settings through TFTP settings
    >
    > Ali
    >
    > Andy wrote:
    > > Hi guys,

    > > I have a Cisco phone 7970 running on Call Manager 4.1, i am having a
    > > problem in the device defaults, not updating after i upgrade using the
    > > exe file.

    > > Is there a work around in the TFTPpath?

    > > Regards,
    > > Andy.

    If you are talking about upgrading the phone loads, and after you
    install the new load and reset the phone, the load does not take. This
    is verifiable by either going to the phones web GUI, or looking under
    model information under settings....try these 2 things

    1. restart the tftp service,
    2. on the phone (for a 7970) press **#, this will unlock the phone
    settings and an erase button becomes visable. Press erase and the
    phone will wipe all of it's config. and reload.
    **FYI on a older 7940/60, unlock the phone as before but highlight
    network settings and select more.
    Jon, Nov 9, 2007
  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Sorry guys,

    I got so busy, that i had to put this problem on the side.

    The phone is not booting at all now, when i upgrade or downgrede the
    phone image using the exe file from cisco, it does not change in the
    device defaults, i am running Callmanager 4.1 as a VMware image.

    I will contact Cisco, and when resolved i will post it.

    Regards,
    Andy
    Andy, Nov 14, 2007