    I heard this referred to as Multi Nat, or one to one NAT, or even Static NAT, but I am not really sure.

    Any assistance would be appreciated.

    Scott
    borg1of2, Jun 6, 2007

  2. borg1of2

    borg1of2

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Any Help on this?
    borg1of2, Jun 8, 2007

  3. borg1of2

    rmundy

    Joined:
    May 27, 2010
    Messages:
    10
    Scott,

    From the details you've given so far it sounds like you're looking to do NAT overload (also called PAT). There is more information on the cisco website but I'm not able to post a link to it. Just search "configure nat overload" on google.

    As far as I'm aware the 800 series is capable of doing NAT as long as the IOS version supports it. An example of the configuration you could use is as below, but there are a few different ways to achieve what you're trying to do.

    Router(config)#ip access-list standard ISP
    Router(config-std-nacl)#permit 192.168.31.0 255.255.255.0

    Router(config)#interface fastethernet 0 (LAN INTERFACE)
    Router(config-if)#ip nat inside

    Router(config)#interface fastethernet 1 (Internet INTERFACE)
    Router(config-if)#ip nat outside

    Router(config)#ip nat inside source list ISP interface FastEthernet1 overload
    rmundy, May 27, 2010