Cisco newbie - can someone help me with setup of management interfaceon Aironet 1200 ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by r4qm4n, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. r4qm4n

    r4qm4n Guest

    Just inherited a wireless network of 12 of these AP's. I'm trying to get
    our wireless gateway to talk snmp to each AP.

    However, it would appear that the IP address on each AP is set on the
    wireless interface (by default ?). I can access web interface and snmp
    OK on wireless, but neither work on the wired side, which is completely
    the wrong way round.

    I'm a complete cisco IOS newbie, but can someone explain to me, or point
    me to the relevant documentation that explains why this would be.

    I have read that there is a 'bridged virtual interface (BVI)' so that
    the same IP address applies to both interfaces, but this doesn't seem to
    be of any help.

    So can anyone explain how I get management from the wired side ?

    cheers

    r4qm4n, Feb 9, 2005