    outgoing to ports 80, 443, 21. But it seems none of their products do this.

    Who makes a WiFi/switch(hub)/router for DSL that has a real firewall?
    Should be not much over $100, $200 at the most.

    admin too, May 5, 2004

  2. admin too

    News Account Guest

    Sure Linksys does - take a look at "filters" on the BEFSR11 ...

    Filters
    Filters block specific internal users from accessing the Internet. You can
    set up a filter through an IP address or a network Port number.

    To Modify Filter Settings

    o Enter the IP addresses that you want to filter into the IP address fields.
    The users who have these IP addresses will not be able to access the
    Internet.

    o You can also filter users by entering their network port number. Enter the
    port numbers you want to filter into the port numbers fields. Users who are
    connected to the Router will no longer be able to access any port number
    listed there.

    o To block external parties from making data requests of your LAN, enable
    the "Block WAN Request" selection.

    Don Woodward

    "admin too" <> wrote in message
    > I was hoping you could control outgoing ports on a Linksys router, i.e

    limit

    News Account, May 6, 2004