Cisco IPsec Tunnel End-Point Discovery (TED) with IPv6

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris Ryan, Oct 15, 2009.

  1. Chris Ryan

    Chris Ryan Guest

    Hi there,

    as for an academic research, i was looking for some approchaches for
    decentralized IPsec autoconfiguration. I discovered Cisco TED, as
    described in [1] and [2]. The keywords for configuration are "dynamic
    cyrpto maps" and "discover":
    <code>
    crypto map map-name seq-num ipsec-isakmp [dynamic dynamic-map-name]
    [discover]
    </code>

    These documents only discribe the use of IPv4 addresses. I'd like to
    test the use of IPv6 with TED, unfortunately, i lack of an write enabled
    test environment.

    Does anyone has more qualified information about the use of TED in an
    IPv6 enabled environment? Any hint is welcome.

    Thanks, Chris.

    PS: I'm aware of the IPv6 capabilities of DMVPN [3], nevertheless it
    still needs an central instance and is therefore not ddos fault tolerant.

    [1]
    "http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0t/12_0t5/feature/guide/ted.html#wp5054"
    [2]
    "http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094832.shtml#output"