    look for? What affordable product can create the VPN session? Hope
    this is not to vague or off the wall.

    Any input would be appreciated.

    IHateSpam, Dec 16, 2003

  2. IHateSpam

    Steve Blair Guest

    I haven't followed the Call Development recently
    but it use to be that NAT boxes resulted in failed
    registrations and call setups because of the use
    of private addresses.

    -Steve

    Steve Blair, Dec 17, 2003

  3. IHateSpam

    shido Guest

    Havent had a problem with my Asterisk systems and the Cisco 7960 even with
    Nat'd environments.

    Though in some instances you have to specify ip addresses rather than
    "dynamic" in the sip.conf file

    --
    Greg Merriweather
    The NuFone Network

    519-251-8225 x 3000
    IM:

    shido, Dec 18, 2003
  4. IHateSpam

    Arcaidy Guest

    We use Cisco 831's connecting to a Cisco 3030. We have users over DSL and
    cable modem. We set up QOS on the 831 to help with out going traffic and
    turned off split tunneling so all traffic has to come back to the 3030. We
    have had really good results with it so far. QOS has not been an issue yet.
    Service has been OK. Great in some areas, worse in others. In some cases, we
    install a seperate ISDN line for the more important users. It's an extra
    cost, but worth it when you lose a user for a day or so. If the DSL or cable
    modem fails, they just flop over to the ISDN line. You can send me an email
    at arcaidy at mailcity dot com if you'd like. We currently have a call
    manager and unity setup. Our ACD system is IP also, so this allows our ACD
    users to be remote. That mainly what we use this set up for.

    James

    Arcaidy, Dec 18, 2003
  5. "shido" <> ha scritto nel messaggio

    > Havent had a problem with my Asterisk systems and the Cisco 7960 even with
    > Nat'd environments.

    Indeed I'm experiencing a lot of troubles trying to interface my Asterisk
    system with my washing machine, while it works fine with my microwawe owen.
    So and so with the toaster, maybe due to its high temperature.

    Could you help me Shido ?

    Thanks,

    --
    Virgilio Lattanzi HARPAX srl
    Tel: +39 0733 816872 via Fontanella, 38

    Virgilio Lattanzi, Dec 18, 2003
  6. IHateSpam

    Neil Smith Guest

    Yeah and I havent got my asterisk to play checkers, though I
    understand that troff has macros which can do this. Perhaps something
    which lights up phones depending on the users move ?

    Anyway - thanks for your sometimes entertaining but always slighty off
    topic posts Shido - have a happy new year ;-)

    Cheers - Neil.

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:57:32 +0100, "Virgilio Lattanzi"
    <> wrote:

    >"shido" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >
    >> Havent had a problem with my Asterisk systems and the Cisco 7960 even with
    >> Nat'd environments.

    >Indeed I'm experiencing a lot of troubles trying to interface my Asterisk
    >system with my washing machine, while it works fine with my microwawe owen.
    >So and so with the toaster, maybe due to its high temperature.
    >
    >Could you help me Shido ?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >--
    >Virgilio Lattanzi HARPAX srl
    >Tel: +39 0733 816872 via Fontanella, 38
    >Fax: +39 0733 819133 62012 Civitanova Marche MC
    >WWW: www.harpax.com ITALY

    CaptionKit http://www.captionkit.com : Produce subtitled
    internet media, transcripts and searchable video. Supports
    Real Player, Quicktime and Windows Media Player.

    VideoChat with friends online, get Freshly Toasted every
    day at http://www.fresh-toast.net : NetMeeting solutions
    for a connected world.

    Neil Smith, Dec 19, 2003
  7. IHateSpam

    SPD Guest

    Have you used a Cisco ATA186 running v2.16 software
    with your system? I have a problem doing this with my
    current system. Calls drop shortly after the called
    party answers. It seems to be related to the proxy
    not responding to an ACK but I do not think the proxy
    should respond to the ACK.

    Thanks,Steve

    SPD, Dec 19, 2003
  8. IHateSpam

    shido Guest

    Virgilio Lattanzi,

    You may want to look at http://ppower.sourceforge.net/ and update your
    software if you're running Ppower for your toaster. If you're using the X10
    product line you may want to refer to
    http://www.linuxlinks.com/Software/Home_and_Education/Automation/

    Can you post the application or agi script you are using for your toaster?

    --
    Greg Merriweather
    The NuFone Network

    519-251-8225 x 3000
    IM:

    shido, Dec 19, 2003
  9. IHateSpam

    shope Guest

    "IHateSpam" <> wrote in message
    > We use the Ciso IP telephony "IP phones, Call Manager, Unity Voice
    > Mail" extensively within our offices and WAN.
    >
    > Curious about the possibility of rolling them out to some of our work
    > at home employers. They all have broad band connections, and if we
    > could find a hardware solution I guess that could create a VPN session
    > to the corporate office thus in essense the end use would be an
    > extension of the LAN and could in theory I guess plug in their IP
    > phone and it should work. Of course there are alot of other things
    > that may affect the quality of the calls, I know this has to be a
    > fairly common implementation I would believe. Am I wrong?
    >
    > Anyone care to share any experiences on implementing this? Things to
    > look for? What affordable product can create the VPN session? Hope
    > this is not to vague or off the wall.

    Cisco have a white paper about operating video and voip across a VPN - you
    can find it at their reference design page

    www.cisco.com/go/srnd

    Not direct practical experience yet - but in the pipeline for work.

    > Any input would be appreciated.

    --
    Regards

    shope, Dec 20, 2003