Cisco IP phone 7960 problems

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by NA, Apr 11, 2006.

  1. NA

    NA Guest

    Help!

    Have a Cisco SIP IP phone model 7960 with firmware version 7.5.

    When i boot the phone i get an error "Protocol Application Invalid"
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008055c1fe.shtml

    I would like to fix this. I don't have access to a switch at the moment. Is
    there any way to fix this by reverting back to an earlier version of
    firmware? Cannot configure the phone at all. I know there are other files
    that need to be on the tftp server besides the firmware. What are they and
    does Cisco provide sample files with config info. I looked on the Cisco
    site but did not find much.

    I want to use this phone to make ip phone to ip phone calls without a
    gatekeeper configured. Is it possible?

    Regards,

    Wayne

    "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
    which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary,
    and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
    sender and delete the material from all computers."
    NA, Apr 11, 2006