Cisco IP Phone 7912 and Custom Ring Sounds

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Clarence Donath, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I want to be able to add custom ring sounds for users of our Cisco IP
    Phone model 7912 series.

    I created a sound within the specifications of the Cisco documentation
    on this issue, restarted the TFTP server and rebooted the phone, and
    the custom sound is installed and works fine. However, this caused
    another sound to disappear from the phone.

    By default, the phone has 24 ring types available, from Chrip 1 to
    Vibe. In the RingList.xml file I entered the custom ring right after
    Sax 2 and before Vibe. The Vibe ring does not appear on the phone
    anymore. My custom sound is at the bottom of the list, in slot 24,
    where Vibe used to be.

    Would this have been caused by reaching a memory limit on the phone?

    Can I determine the amount of memory available and how much is in use
    on the phone? Cisco's product specs do not mention this.

    Is there a log that I can look at somewhere to see if there was any
    trouble when the phone copied files from the TFTP server? I looked
    through a bunch of logs on the call manager, and I saw in the TFTP
    server log my phone making connection, but it doesn't report any
    errors.

    Regards,
    Clarence Donath

    Clarence Donath, Jan 20, 2006