    trouble finding the info I want from the Cisco web site.

    --

    jeremy
    Jeremy, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Jeremy

    Brian Guest

    On 2006-09-12, Jeremy <> wrote:

    > Anyone here familiar with / could point to any FAQs on it? I am having
    > trouble finding the info I want from the Cisco web site.

    Is this of any help? Apologies in advance if it has little bearing on
    your search.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/675_faq.shtml

    Brian.
    Brian, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Re: Cisco IP Comunicator

    In article <ee6u7p$4v1$1$>, Brian says...
    > On 2006-09-12, Jeremy <> wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone here familiar with / could point to any FAQs on it? I am having
    > > trouble finding the info I want from the Cisco web site.

    > Is this of any help? Apologies in advance if it has little bearing on
    > your search.
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/675_faq.shtml

    Thanks Brian, but this doesn't look to me as though it is related to a
    VOIP product?

    Cisco IP Communicator (sorry I mistyped as Commander in the original
    subject) "is a Microsoft Windows-based application that delivers
    enhanced telephony support through personal computers".

    In this way, it has some overlap with Skype. If you are running skype,
    you can invoke a telephone call from a web page like this:

    and I am trying to determine if a similar method of invking a call is
    possible on PCs running Cisco IP Communicator.

    --

    jeremy
    Jeremy, Sep 13, 2006
  4. Jeremy

    Vicon Guest

    Re: Cisco IP Comunicator

    Cisco ip comunicator is a skinny based soft phone which needs cisco
    callmanager to run. It is not a sip based soft phone so you can't use
    it like Skype and the rest.

    Vicon, Sep 15, 2006
  5. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Re: Cisco IP Comunicator

    In article <>,
    Vicon says...

    > Cisco ip comunicator is a skinny based soft phone which needs cisco
    > callmanager to run. It is not a sip based soft phone so you can't use
    > it like Skype and the rest.

    Thanks very much for your reponse.

    --

    jeremy