    things mentioning how to get a server that supports >16/32/xxmb files, but
    nothing talks about IOS internals on how this is handled. Thanks in advance
    for any info.

    cf_0x2102, Feb 25, 2007

  2. cf_0x2102

    Guest

    On 25 Feb, 03:13, cf_0x2102 <> wrote:
    > Basically IOS is getting bigger and bigger. Even if I have a tftp server that
    > supports BLKSIZE, and can xfer files > 32mb, is IOS going to set this and be
    > able to handle this ? I understand use ftp/http/etc etc. That's all fine,
    > but what if for whatever reason you only have access to tftp. Are we simply
    > hitting the wall in IOS size vs. tftp protocol limits ?
    >
    > I've searched on this already, this group, Google and CCO, and found
    > things mentioning how to get a server that supports >16/32/xxmb files, but
    > nothing talks about IOS internals on how this is handled. Thanks in advance
    > for any info.

    There is no reason to care.

    serv-u is your friend.

    Sorry, but your question makes as much sense to me as
    asking how to install IOS on a cisco router without a
    computer, just in case you had to do it one day.

    , Feb 25, 2007

  3. cf_0x2102

    cf_0x2102 Guest

    Thanks for living up to usenet reply standards. Instead of 'I don't know',
    your answer is '(noun|verb) is your friend'.

    Yes, I'm guessing that by serv-u you mean an FTP server, of which this is your
    favorite one ? Again, I'm aware of this (per my original post), thanks, but I
    still would like to know if IOS, internally, is capable of transferring a file
    > 32mb via tftp. From my understanding, using a BLKSIZE > 512 would be

    required to make this happen.

    I'll open a TAC case if need be, unless someone who actually knows can reply
    to this thread.

    cf_0x2102, Feb 25, 2007
  4. cf_0x2102

    kika Guest

    <> wrote in message
    ..

    > serv-u is your friend.
    >
    > Sorry, but your question makes as much sense to me as
    > asking how to install IOS on a cisco router without a
    > computer, just in case you had to do it one day.

    You can do that. But you still need a blender.

    kika, Feb 25, 2007
  5. cf_0x2102

    Thrill5 Guest

    Off course it's supported on the IOS side. The reason you can't find any
    documentation on it is because there is no reason you should care. Do you
    really think that Cisco would put out an IOS that you can't load, and if
    they did, don't you think you would find some documentation telling you
    that?

    Scott

    Thrill5, Feb 25, 2007
  6. cf_0x2102

    Merv Guest

    On Feb 25, 6:15 pm, "Thrill5" <> wrote:
    > Off course it's supported on the IOS side. The reason you can't find any
    > documentation on it is because there is no reason you should care. Do you
    > really think that Cisco would put out an IOS that you can't load, and if
    > they did, don't you think you would find some documentation telling you
    > that?

    Supporting TFTP for files larger than 32 MB and supporting RFC 2348
    are NOT the same thing.

    To support RFC2348, the client should provide the ability to specifiy
    the BLKSIZE parameter.
    AFAIK this is not currently possilbe in IOS

    Cisco CRS-1 IOS XR ROMMON does support RFC 2348

    Merv, Feb 26, 2007