    Is there any body who can explain it to me?

    Cheers,

    Andre

    Andre, Apr 27, 2010

  2. Andre

    bod43 Guest

    On 27 Apr, 10:16, Andre <> wrote:
    > Hi there
    >
    > Looking for hours for what's the difference between SXH and SXI in IOS
    > names, e.g. 12.2(33)SXH or 12.2(33)SXI but cannot find some useful
    > information.
    >
    > Is there any body who can explain it to me?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Andre

    www.cisco.com/go/fn may be able to do those images
    in its comparison tool.

    In general SXI is likely to be the one after H with a few
    extra features. H and I are very unlikely to have any
    special 'meaning' other than being a sequence of labels.

    There used to be a nice IOS "Road Map" that showed
    all of the versions (for routers anyway) and many of their
    relationships but a quick look suggests that it has gone now.

    http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/ios-ref.html
    Looks promising though.

    http://www.cisco.com/web/about/security/intelligence/ios-ref.html#6

    H and I are "New Technology Introduction Identifiers"; so
    there! I think my above comments stand:)

    bod43, Apr 27, 2010

  3. Andre

    bod43 Guest

    On 29 Apr, 22:02, Aaron Leonard <> wrote:
    > Here are some links that explain what features are in SXI,
    > that were added after SXH:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9336/pro...
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps6970/ps6...
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps6970/ps6...

    Aaron,

    I will appreciate your position of you do not respond,
    so that will be OK by me.

    At one time (1999 ish) I realised that my job description could
    well be "reading the Cisco web site". I vividly recall the
    frustration of typing in to the search box the exact title of
    a document that I had at least a part of in my hand and
    getting exactly zero hits.

    Then one day - Cisco semed to purchase from some
    unknown startup called Google, a search engine.

    Pouff!!

    All was revealed.

    Lately I have the idea that the Cisco search does not
    work as well as it did and that searching on google for Cisco
    does not return optimal results.

    My view is that Cisco must be restricting google's access
    to cisco.com and have also ceased to use the google
    search engine for their private searches.

    It quite frankly all seems pretty rubbish.

    Comments are welcome but not necessarily expected.:)

    bod43, May 1, 2010