    telnet connections ? Any ideas ?

    Thx in advans,
    Karthik Balaguru
    Karthik Balaguru, Feb 28, 2010

  2. Karthik Balaguru

    bod43 Guest

    On 28 Feb, 02:29, Karthik Balaguru <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I find that several concurrent telnet connections
    > to a router are allowed. The maximum number
    > of concurrent telnet sessions in CISCO IOS
    > seems to be dependent on vty(virtual teletypes
    > /terminals) configuration. But, what could
    > be maximum number of concurrent telnet
    > connections that could be configured ? If
    > this is dependent on the kind of router, then
    > can you kindly let me know a router that
    > allows the highest number of concurrent
    > telnet connections ?  Any ideas ?

    I don't know.

    The default used to be 16, but on some equipment it
    was 5. I have seen cases where the default appeared to be
    5 and then someone apparently added more with vty 5 15
    but I am not sure.

    Oddly a router I have here has 5 and it wont allow more.

    line vty 0 4
    access-class 23 in
    exec-timeout 60 0
    privilege level 15
    logging synchronous
    login local
    transport input telnet ssh
    transport output telnet ssh
    otl-hr-dscott#

    router(config)#line vty ?
    <0-4> First Line number

    router(config)#line vty 0 15
    ^
    % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

    Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version
    12.4(15)T7,
    bod43, Feb 28, 2010

  3. Karthik Balaguru

    John Agosta Guest

    Each router / IOS is different.
    Some routers will allow many hundreds of vty interfaces to be set up.
    (expect the router to die from lack of resources if you attempt to
    configure,
    say, 768 vty interfaces)

    The absolute limit on your gear can be discovered by entering:
    config t
    line vty 0 ?

    Memory and other resources will typically cause the "practical" limit to be
    something far less than the "numerical" limit your machine supports.

    HTH -

    -ja

    John Agosta, Mar 1, 2010
  4. Karthik Balaguru

    Torrence

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    Hey guys I need ios 7200, 3725, 2600 and any other that can be given to me for use in my CCNP Certification study.

    Torrence
    Torrence, Mar 3, 2010
  5. Karthik Balaguru

    Torrence

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    Hi,

    I guess you all are experts in the cisco world..., well I'm just a beginner and would love to be assisted by any versions of cisco IOS that could be provided for my use. Thanks
    Torrence, Mar 6, 2010