Cisco home lab frame relay hw question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by superkingkong, Feb 28, 2010.

  1. superkingkong

    superkingkong

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Hi all,

    I just got my small lab to play around with. I have 3 routers,

    Cisco 2503
    Cisco 2621 and wic-1t
    Cisco 2620xm and wic-1t

    1. If i want to practice frame-relay, can i configure 2503 as a frame relay switch? ... since it has 2 serial ports and i have two routers

    2. But i see most people use a NM-4as for frame relay. Is there any scenarios that i need 2 physical serial links for a router? i heard somewhere about multi link or multi point, care to explain?

    3. and between wic-1t and WIC-1DSU-T1‎ in an home lab environment, any difference in terms of functionality? i think i can do frame relay with either one of them (using different cable types), but any other differences?

    Sorry for those question, i'm a newbie in cisco stuff.
    thanks so much.
    superkingkong, Feb 28, 2010