    find online. Can somebody help me with this question, please?

    Thanks!

    :Bazooka-Joe
    Bazooka-Joe, Mar 26, 2007

  2. Hi Joe,

    ~ I have a unique need. I have a Windows server running software that
    ~ requires dozens of modems to make many phone calls every hour.
    ~ Managing all these modems has become difficult, as the number keeps
    ~ expanding. I've been told that the Cisco AS5350XM is a "high density
    ~ modem" solution, that would allow me to replace all my modems with
    ~ this one device. I've been unable to ascertain whether that
    ~ information is in fact true from the documentation I've been able to
    ~ find online. Can somebody help me with this question, please?

    Yes, the AS5350XM is an excellent system that can be configured with
    anywhere from 48 modems (2 PRIs - the AS535XM-2T1-48-D bundle) on up
    to 8 PRIs (the AS535XM-8T1-192-D bundle.)

    For some applications (e.g. if your Windows application needs to see
    virtual COM ports), you might want to add in some software from
    Tactical Software (DialOut/EZ, COM/IP.)

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Mar 26, 2007

  3. Bazooka-Joe

    Bazooka-Joe Guest

    On Mar 26, 2:29 pm, Aaron Leonard <> wrote:
    > Hi Joe,
    >
    > ~ I have a unique need. I have a Windows server running software that
    > ~ requires dozens of modems to make many phone calls every hour.
    > ~ Managing all these modems has become difficult, as the number keeps
    > ~ expanding. I've been told that the Cisco AS5350XM is a "high density
    > ~ modem" solution, that would allow me to replace all my modems with
    > ~ this one device. I've been unable to ascertain whether that
    > ~ information is in fact true from the documentation I've been able to
    > ~ find online. Can somebody help me with this question, please?
    >
    > Yes, the AS5350XM is an excellent system that can be configured with
    > anywhere from 48 modems (2 PRIs - the AS535XM-2T1-48-D bundle) on up
    > to 8 PRIs (the AS535XM-8T1-192-D bundle.)
    >
    > For some applications (e.g. if your Windows application needs to see
    > virtual COM ports), you might want to add in some software from
    > Tactical Software (DialOut/EZ, COM/IP.)
    >
    > Aaron

    Yes, the software I'm running is proprietary and quite finnicky. That
    was my next question, I suppose. How do I make the internal modems on
    the AS535XM appear as comm port devices on the server. You say
    external software must be required. That may or may not jive with the
    vendor's support clause. Hmmmm.

    Thanks though.

    :Bazooka-Joe
    Bazooka-Joe, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Hi again Joe,

    ~ > ~ I have a unique need. I have a Windows server running software that
    ~ > ~ requires dozens of modems to make many phone calls every hour.
    ~ > ~ Managing all these modems has become difficult, as the number keeps
    ~ > ~ expanding. I've been told that the Cisco AS5350XM is a "high density
    ~ > ~ modem" solution, that would allow me to replace all my modems with
    ~ > ~ this one device. I've been unable to ascertain whether that
    ~ > ~ information is in fact true from the documentation I've been able to
    ~ > ~ find online. Can somebody help me with this question, please?
    ~ >
    ~ > Yes, the AS5350XM is an excellent system that can be configured with
    ~ > anywhere from 48 modems (2 PRIs - the AS535XM-2T1-48-D bundle) on up
    ~ > to 8 PRIs (the AS535XM-8T1-192-D bundle.)
    ~ >
    ~ > For some applications (e.g. if your Windows application needs to see
    ~ > virtual COM ports), you might want to add in some software from
    ~ > Tactical Software (DialOut/EZ, COM/IP.)

    ~ Yes, the software I'm running is proprietary and quite finnicky. That
    ~ was my next question, I suppose. How do I make the internal modems on
    ~ the AS535XM appear as comm port devices on the server. You say
    ~ external software must be required. That may or may not jive with the
    ~ vendor's support clause. Hmmmm.
    ~
    ~ Thanks though.
    ~
    ~ :Bazooka-Joe

    Yes, that's where my reference to Tactical Software comes in. They
    have several different shims (DialOut/EZ, COM/IP, TTYredirector, etc.)
    for different applications/OSes. http://www.tacticalsoftware.com/ .

    Good luck with your arrangements with your software vendor.

    Regards,

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Mar 27, 2007