Cisco GE-DCARD-ESW and stacking

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dsweeney, May 24, 2009.

  1. dsweeney

    dsweeney

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    Messages:
    3
    Hi all,

    I have 2 Cisco 3825's running c3825-adventerprisek9-mz.124-6.T2

    The have TWO NM16-ESW cards in them *WITHOUT* the GE-DCARD-ESW
    interfaces...

    Using configurations that work in a 2811 with only ONE NM1-ESW installed all configurations work fine...

    However the identical configurations would not work with TWO ESW's in the Cisco 3825's

    After two hours of total frustration I pulled one of the two ESW's out of the 3825 and all my configurations worked...

    So.. after another hour of surfing forums etc I ran across a link that leads to Cisco.. and *suggests* that I need to by 2 GE-DCARD-ESW interfaces.. Install one in each NM16-ESW and physically connect the two with a crossover cable..

    Has anybody done this???

    Is it the solution so I can use all 15 ports on EACH NM16-ESW module ??

    Please advise

    Thanks
    dsweeney

    for reference go to supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/Unable_to_configure_both_NM-16ESW_switch_modules_on_a_3600_or_3700_series_router[/url]

    dsweeney, May 24, 2009