    Anyone know of an api or other programming means that will allow you
    to login to your IP Phone via a pop-up in windows? Any help with this
    would be much appreciated.

    James550, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Hi James,

    that is no problem.
    You can use HTTP as API for EM. Have a look for sampleloginapp.asp on
    Callmanager. You have to set proxy-rights for the user and a
    XML-formated query-string.

    Have a nice day

    Axel

    p.s. we are using that for more than 500 users! Just an html-page to login.

    --
    Axel Schemberg, Duessldorf (Germany)

    .... fuer Netzwerkversteher: http://www.pcnetzwerke.de

    Axel Schemberg, Jan 8, 2004

  3. James550

    James550 Guest

    Thanks for the Info. I looked into what you'd mentioned and that is
    helpful. One problem I ran into was the fact that this login method
    wants a devicename which looks to be based on the Device Name. It
    seems to me that it's wanting to have the Device Name associated w/a
    User Profile. But how would you make it so that regardless of what
    station you logged into, it would log into the phone at that station?
    It may be completely obvious and easy, but I am just missing it! I
    can enter info into the samplelogin.asp file and log into any phone
    based on the Device Name, but I just want people to enter their User
    Name and PW. And I don't want a specific device associated w/that
    info. That would somewhat defeat the purpose of Extension Mobility.
    Thanks!

    James550, Jan 14, 2004
  4. James550 schrieb:
    > Thanks for the Info. I looked into what you'd mentioned and that is
    > helpful. One problem I ran into was the fact that this login method
    > wants a devicename which looks to be based on the Device Name. It

    Yes, you have to know the DeviceName. I think there are more possibilies
    to find out what the correct DeviceName is.
    Our users normaly login to the same phone every day. We don't use EM for
    Mobility, we use it for security reasons, so this is easy to solve:
    They once enter it into a webform, from which a htm-file is generated.

    I think there is an example-script where you can lookup an device name,
    with a given extension.

    Bye

    Axel

    Axel Schemberg, Jan 14, 2004
  5. James550

    tidnab3

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Will Extension Mobility work between Call Managers? I have CMs in KY and CA for example.

    tidnab3, Feb 4, 2008