Cisco CSA intelligent agent

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Fibble, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. Fibble

    Fibble Guest

    Hi,

    I cant seem to find any extra informtion on the CSA intelligent agent
    (see event details below) on the online help, on the Cisco site or the
    Cisco TAC. I am trying to figure out what is happening with the
    below:

    "The intelligent agent denied this request due to a timeout. If this
    message happens frequently, then it should be reported to technical
    support. This is most likely to happen on very heavily loaded systems,
    or systems which are under attack.

    The request was time=215.2 (seconds since boot) type=TDI ProcessId=268
    TdiOperation=CONNECT TdiProtocol=tcp TdiFlags=4 Family=1 SrcAddr=*****
    SrcPort=***** DstAddr=***** DstPort=***** Credentials=os=win32,T=NT
    AUTHORITY\SYSTEM,t=010100000000000512000000"

    In one of the cases the dport was udp/53, and as far as I am aware the
    user was having difficulties with DNS at the time. What I need to
    know is does the above event mean that the CSA intelligent agent has
    dropped the outbound DNS request packet (in this case) because it is
    unable to send it for some reason (ie heavily loaded system as it
    mentions). Where is the timeout limit set? Is the only possible
    reason a heavily loaded system or a system currently inder attack -
    with connection being full duplex if the system could process the
    packet, surely it would be sent before this event is received?

    Or am I going down the wrong lines here?

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Fibble, Dec 28, 2004