    Do you know a web site or the name of the trade ?

    Thanks a lot.

    Gros Matou.

    Gros Matou, Nov 14, 2003

  2. In article <bp3glb$88f$>,
    Gros Matou <> wrote:
    :A friend of mine told me that some routers are Cisco "compatible"
    :but he wasn't able to tell me what was the name/model of this router.
    :Some of them accept a Cisco IOS and are fully compatible.
    :(Mother boards and µChips are similars.)

    :Do you know a web site or the name of the trade ?

    This posting from the past might be what your friend was referring to:

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=y_767.6338$
    --
    Perposterous!! Where would all the calculators go?!

    Walter Roberson, Nov 14, 2003

  3. "Gros Matou" <> wrote in message
    > A friend of mine told me that some routers are Cisco "compatible"
    > but he wasn't able to tell me what was the name/model of this router.

    You may be thinking of Huawei / Quidway routers. They are not Cisco
    compatible. They mimic the sheetmetal, model numbers, and user interface,
    but they are not Cisco compatible. They are ther own thing, but they try
    very much to look and act like Cisco. Much less so since Cisco filed legal
    actions against them. Plug Huawei into Google to learn more.

    Also, a number of vendors imitate the familiar elements of the Cisco CLI
    including Adtran, Redback, and Juniper.

    But the bottom line: If you want Cisco, you need to buy Cisco. Accept no
    imitiation.

    Phillip Remaker, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Gros Matou

    Blaz Zupan Guest

    In article <1068855732.387960@sj-nntpcache-3>, Phillip Remaker wrote:
    > Also, a number of vendors imitate the familiar elements of the Cisco CLI
    > including Adtran, Redback, and Juniper.

    As far as Juniper goes, only the ERX line has a CLI simmilar to Cisco and I
    believe also the G line (their CMTS line). The M and T line has a much nicer,
    cleaned up, logical and overall better interface. Cisco's CLI is very clumsy if
    you compare it to the Juniper M and T line, although it does have one advantage:
    many people know it.

    Blaz Zupan, Nov 15, 2003