    i want to user to acces only show commands only that to limited
    suggestion apprciated

    hari

    hari, Sep 21, 2004

  2. hari

    Liam Guest

    "hari" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have 3 cisco routes in my network
    > and some of my cleints connected to this routers
    > each router have different branches connected
    >
    > and i have monitoring people who does from central office
    >
    > i want them to authenticate and use only limited commands in my router
    > how can do that
    > is there any free software does this job
    > i want to user to acces only show commands only that to limited
    > suggestion apprciated
    >
    > hari

    Hari,
    Take a look at the aaa new-model command and it's subcommands.
    You can set different privilige levels (so users have different rights in
    different modes).
    It's a bit tricky but it works fine.

    As example:
    test1(config)#privilege configure level 7 snmp-server enable

    so it sets the snmp-server enabled command in the global config mode to
    level 7.
    GL

    Liam, Sep 21, 2004

  3. hari

    none Guest

    Look at Cisco's "tacacs freeware" software on cisco.com .

    none, Sep 23, 2004