    diagnostic smartport role?

    Sorry, I'm confused with this role on catalyst 500.

    Thanks in advance.

    madratz, Jan 19, 2007

  2. madratz

    Kaiser Sose Guest

    On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 11:38:10 -0800, madratz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Why on this Cisco switch the diagnostic smartport role is only for
    > transmit traffic?
    > Can I configure it to sniff transmit/received packets?
    > Wich is the next switch on Catalyst family that supports full
    > diagnostic smartport role?
    >
    > Sorry, I'm confused with this role on catalyst 500.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    To be honest, I am confused about this box, period. I think Cisco droped
    the ball when they released these. I have found them vulnerable to
    crashing.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it". Oscar Wilde

    Use ROT13 for my email:

    Kaiser Sose, Jan 19, 2007