Cisco Catalyst 3500 Errors

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by daved, May 5, 2008.

  1. daved

    daved

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Good morning. When I power on my Cisco Catalyst 3500 I get the following errors:

    Initializing C3500XL flash...
    flashfs[1]: 110 files, 3 directories
    flashfs[1]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directories
    flashfs[1]: Total bytes: 3612672
    flashfs[1]: Bytes used: 2772992
    flashfs[1]: Bytes available: 839680
    flashfs[1]: flashfs fsck took 3 seconds.
    flashfs[1]: Initialization complete.
    ...done Initializing C3500XL flash.
    C3500XL POST: System Board Test: Passed
    C3500XL POST: Daughter Card Test: Passed
    C3500XL POST: CPU Buffer Test: Passed
    C3500XL POST: CPU Notify RAM Test: Passed
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: CPU Interface Test: Failed
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Non-free molecules were seen on the notify ring.
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Non-free molecules were seen on the notify ring.
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Testing Switch Core: Failed
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Testing Buffer Table: Failed
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Data Buffer Test: Failed
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Configuring Switch Parameters: Failed
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Switch Core failing because of CPU Interface Failure
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: Cannot test Modules due to failure of Switch Core POST
    C3500XL POST FAILURE: AT: Failing because of CPU-Interface failure

    Is this switch hopeless? Any thoughts??

    Thanks much.

    daved, May 5, 2008