Cisco Catalyst 2950 and 3750 and Cisco AP 1200

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Sbux, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Sbux

    Sbux Guest

    Hello there everyone,

    I want to ask a couple of questions maybe someone can help me.
    Is there a way to know if there is a machine behind an administratevely
    closed port on a Cisco 2950 or 3750 ? As a matter of fact, I have an
    snmp script that monitors ports, it tells me in breif that I have
    someone connected, nobody connected to the port or someone connected by
    the port has been disabled for many reasons (like virus alert). This
    technique works well on the 3Com switches with the right MIB, is there
    any equivalent to the Cisco switches.

    As for the AP1200, did anyone try an authentication with FreeRadius and
    the AP ? I would be interested in discussing that as soon as possible.

    Thanks in advance

    Beatrice

    Sbux, Mar 3, 2005