    I'm a rookie with ciscos switch.
    Thanks your co-operation.
    regards, Kim

    KSa, Apr 2, 2004

  2. In article <c4kmpr$ism$>,
    KSa <student_frodo .POISTA @ NOSPAM. yahoo.com .invalid> wrote:
    :I have a Cisco Catalyst 2950/24-port switch and I would like to create 3
    :vlans on this switch, I want three networks that are separate and unable to
    :see each other, that are all using the same server which is connected to the
    :switch port 1 (vlan1 I suppose) .

    In order to do that, you would have to set a port up as a 'trunk' port
    that carried all three VLANs, and the NIC on the server would have to
    be VLAN aware and have multiple addresses. NICs that are VLAN aware
    -can- be found, but there are still many servers that don't support them.
    It is sometimes easier to put 3 different NICs in the same server and
    connect them to three different ports on the 2950 with one VLAN going
    to each port.

    :Could you tell me how to do this and if
    :you have a syntax/commands how to do this, I really appreciate it. I have
    :look this on sun web-site but cannot understand all those commands because
    :I'm a rookie with ciscos switch.

    Is it a Sun Solaris system that you are attempting to hook up in this
    manner?
    --
    Suppose there was a test you could take that would report whether
    you had Free Will or were Pre-Destined. Would you take the test?

    Walter Roberson, Apr 3, 2004