Cisco Call Manager/ Remote Employees

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Ian Wadycki, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Ian Wadycki

    Ian Wadycki Guest

    Hello Everyone!

    We currently have a VoIP system running at our office. I am looking
    for a basic outline of what it would take to extend that funtionality
    to some of our remote users.

    We are using Cisco CallManager 3.2 and Cisco 7940 Phones. My initial
    outline suggests I would have set a rule to allow each users IP
    address into our Firewall with access to a Call manager, as well as
    set up a router performing NAT at the Users location that points to
    the office.

    Can anyone elaborate or validate whether this is possible? Ideally, I
    want to use our existing configuration without having to goto a third
    party such as Vonage.

    Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

    Ian
    Ian Wadycki, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Ian Wadycki

    Arcaidy Guest

    I'd suggest using VPN.
    Thats what we are using. I have been running a cisco 3002 at home for some
    time now. You have some control over qos then. some..
    I have had good results. We are in the process of looking into using the
    cisco 831's. It gives you better comtrol than the 3002's and is cheaper.
    You have to do LAN extension when you use VPN. So you'll need to give a
    block of IP's to each user. We use a /30..
    Let me know if this helps.
    We are also running CCM 3.2.

    I can be reached off list at arcaidy at mailcity dot com

    Arcaidy, Oct 1, 2003