    those calls are useless.

    Your on topic responses would be appreciated.

    Thank you.
    K7AAY, Apr 20, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    K7AAY <> wrote:
    > Want to block inbound calls in Cisco Call Manager 4.13 from specific
    > sales callers who just don't get the message we don't want to hear from
    > them.
    >
    > Yes, I know Caller ID can be spoofed, but the user wants this, and this
    > user gets what the user wants. Please don't waste our time in
    > dissuading me as it's not my decision.
    >
    > Have not been able to figure out how to use Route Patterns (chapter 22
    > of the Cisco CallManager Administration Guide) to block incoming calls
    > based on caller ID. I've entered a specific phone number as a route
    > pattern, yet various configurations of route patterns set to reject
    > those calls are useless.

    An interesting problem. I don't think this can be done directly with
    CallManager, as route patterns are used for outbound calls. Even
    translation patterns used within inbound trunk calling search spaces won't
    match on calling number (they will match on called/destination digits).

    However, if you use H.323 gateways, you could use a voice translation
    pattern on a dial-peer to block certain inbound calls:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

    Cheers,

    Matt

    --