Cisco cache engine 500 - corrupted nvram?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Zim, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. Zim

    Zim Guest

    Hi,

    I have a Cisco cache engine 500 which fails to boot, giving the error:

    Catastrophic error: NVRAM corrupted

    I have attempted to boot the cache engine off the network using a .bin
    image, which it does download but then it it gets caught in a loop and
    keeps giving the 'corrupted NVRAM' error.

    I have searched all over Cisco's site and have googled for it but to no
    avail.

    With no other ideas, I am assuming the best way to fix this might be to
    somehow erase the NVRAM, but I can't find any docs on how to do this on
    Cisco's site.

    I have tried replacing the CMOS battery to no effect. I am not actually
    sure where the NVRAM is stored - there is a flash chip soldered on to
    the board but that's about it (surface mounted).

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

    Cheers for any help,

    Campbell

    Reply to: space_oddity -AT- cia.com.au
    Zim, Aug 31, 2004