    re-flash it for sip service.

    Anyone help or offer any advice? i like sipgate as they have geo numbers,
    but open to ideas??

    TheDragon, Jan 25, 2006

  2. TheDragon wrote:
    > I wish to use an old bt bbv ata for sipgate or similar, but i need to
    > re-flash it for sip service.
    >
    > Anyone help or offer any advice? i like sipgate as they have geo numbers,
    > but open to ideas??

    There are instructions on how to upgrade the firmware to the lastest SIP
    firmware on the voip-info page for the ata-186 (hope it still works).

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco ATA 186

    All the configuration options you need to use it with sipgate are on
    their site (there is a page dedicated to it).

    Thomas Kenyon, Jan 25, 2006

  3. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    > TheDragon wrote:
    >> I wish to use an old bt bbv ata for sipgate or similar, but i need to
    >> re-flash it for sip service.
    >>
    >> Anyone help or offer any advice? i like sipgate as they have geo numbers,
    >> but open to ideas??

    > There are instructions on how to upgrade the firmware to the lastest SIP
    > firmware on the voip-info page for the ata-186 (hope it still works).
    >
    > http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco ATA 186
    >
    > All the configuration options you need to use it with sipgate are on their
    > site (there is a page dedicated to it).

    That didn't work. However I have the 3.1.0 SIP image and manually flashed
    it. Works perfectly with SipGate.

    TheDragon, Jan 25, 2006
  4. TheDragon wrote:
    > "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>TheDragon wrote:
    >>
    >>>I wish to use an old bt bbv ata for sipgate or similar, but i need to
    >>>re-flash it for sip service.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone help or offer any advice? i like sipgate as they have geo numbers,
    >>>but open to ideas??

    >>There are instructions on how to upgrade the firmware to the lastest SIP
    >>firmware on the voip-info page for the ata-186 (hope it still works).
    >>
    >>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco ATA 186
    >>
    >>All the configuration options you need to use it with sipgate are on their
    >>site (there is a page dedicated to it).

    > That didn't work. However I have the 3.1.0 SIP image and manually flashed
    > it. Works perfectly with SipGate.

    Where did you get it from? It's irrelevant now, but I've spent ages
    looking for it in the past.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jan 25, 2006
  5. TheDragon

    > TheDragon wrote:
    >> "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in message

    >>>There are instructions on how to upgrade the firmware to the lastest SIP
    >>>firmware on the voip-info page for the ata-186 (hope it still works).
    >>>
    >>>http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Cisco ATA 186
    >>>
    >>>All the configuration options you need to use it with sipgate are on
    >>>their site (there is a page dedicated to it).

    >> That didn't work. However I have the 3.1.0 SIP image and manually flashed
    >> it. Works perfectly with SipGate.
    >>

    > Where did you get it from? It's irrelevant now, but I've spent ages
    > looking for it in the past.

    from a Google search. email if u want it

    TheDragon, Jan 26, 2006