    parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to
    operate.

    I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

    TheDragon, May 12, 2005

  2. On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:44:41 +0100, "TheDragon"
    <> wrote:

    >I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
    >parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2 to
    >operate.
    >
    >I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

    as configured for BTBBV the 2nd line is not supported.

    It isn't a parallel of phone 1 it can have two lines running on it (at
    least the SIP version can).

    see for example the screen below with 2 user IDs, passwords etc
    http://www.oz-deals.com.au/hardware_configuration/cisco_ata186_sip.html

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, May 12, 2005

  3. TheDragon

    TheDragon Guest

    "Phil Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 18:44:41 +0100, "TheDragon"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have connected a 2nd phone to the phone 2 socket, expecting it to be a
    >>parallel of phone 1, its dead. Is there a config setting to enable phone2
    >>operate.
    >>
    >>I am on Bt BroadbandVoice

    > as configured for BTBBV the 2nd line is not supported.
    >
    > It isn't a parallel of phone 1 it can have two lines running on it (at
    > least the SIP version can).
    >
    > see for example the screen below with 2 user IDs, passwords etc
    > http://www.oz-deals.com.au/hardware_configuration/cisco_ata186_sip.html
    >
    > Phil
    > --
    > spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    > Come on down !

    When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and 2
    numbers.

    TheDragon, May 12, 2005
  4. Phil Thompson, May 12, 2005
  5. TheDragon

    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 20:24:22 +0100, "TheDragon"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>When I phoned BTBBV they mentioned a business version that has 2 lines and
    >>2
    >>numbers.

    > does it use the Fujitsu ATA
    > http://www.btbroadbandvoice.com/bbv4b/brochureware/how_it_works.html
    >
    > yes :)
    >
    > Phil
    > --
    > spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    > Come on down !

    He never said. I had to call sales. I dont really want 2 numbers, just 2
    phones connected. Look like I need to go and buy a phone doubler socket.

    TheDragon, May 12, 2005