    to support SIP?
    From what I could find on the NET it looks like a PC utility ata186US.exe
    and a ROM image might be all you need to do this but now I wonder if there
    are some particularities to the 182 model which require special upgrade
    procedures.

    Any comment is highly apriciated
    /Roland
    Roland Zitzke, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Roland Zitzke

    Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:25:53 +0100, "Roland Zitzke"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >does anyone know how to upgrade this item:
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3077848228
    >
    >to support SIP?
    >From what I could find on the NET it looks like a PC utility ata186US.exe
    >and a ROM image might be all you need to do this but now I wonder if there
    >are some particularities to the 182 model which require special upgrade
    >procedures.
    >
    >Any comment is highly apriciated
    >/Roland

    $329 for 5 isn't that bad of a price. The VOIP vendors are charging
    something like $69 for an ATA-186.

    Also note the ad is wrong about this being an earlier model than the
    186. The ATA 186 has ethernet and phone connections. The 182 has
    ethernet, a single phone connection, and a connection to the
    phonecompany as a passthrough. Not quite the same.

    Cisco bought the ATA line from Komodo and ultimately only kept the ATA
    186 and doesn't really support the 182 or 188 as well.

    With all that said, I believe the ATA816 utility can be used to
    upgrade the firmware on the 182. I don't believe the firmware is the
    same.

    -Chris
    , Feb 22, 2004

  3. Roland Zitzke

    Nabil Guest

    How to Upgrade Cisco ATA182

    HELP !
    Hello ,
    I really Need your help ,
    I ve got an ATA 182 on Ebay , have been trying to hoock it up for 3
    weeks ,
    IN VAIN !
    after putting all the info by phone key pad , and doing a test ,
    it
    said << KOMODO TEST FAILED >> !
    No info about this ATA 182 on Cisco website .
    I found some pdf files , could not help me to make it up and
    running !
    I found some cisco ATA images , used the transition.zup , I have the
    same
    Error << UPGRADE NOT AVAILABLE >> .

    After using the 5#7#80# code , I can only Acces to
    http://komodo-ip/dev only to see the Config , can not change it and
    apply !
    I m really lost , dont know what to do with this Komodo ! and could
    not
    find any solution to make it up and runing .
    I even used some IVR advanced menu code of ATA 186 , they are not
    100%
    compatible .
    I have this version :
    Version: v1.42 kf300.h323.g3
    DHCP assigned IP: 192.168.254.2
    DHCP assigned Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    DHCP assigned Route: 192.168.254.254
    MAC_Address: 0.1.45.10.52.45
    KID: 50668717

    its H323 Image , cant run with FWD !
    Thank you for giving me a helping hand .

    Nabil

    Nabil, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Roland Zitzke

    Guest

    Re: How to Upgrade Cisco ATA182

    On 25 Feb 2004 22:51:29 -0800, (Nabil) wrote:

    >HELP !
    >Hello ,
    >I really Need your help ,
    >I ve got an ATA 182 on Ebay , have been trying to hoock it up for 3
    >weeks ,
    >IN VAIN !
    >after putting all the info by phone key pad , and doing a test ,
    >it
    >said << KOMODO TEST FAILED >> !

    I have no clue what test this is.

    >No info about this ATA 182 on Cisco website .
    >I found some pdf files , could not help me to make it up and
    >running !
    >I found some cisco ATA images , used the transition.zup , I have the
    >same
    >Error << UPGRADE NOT AVAILABLE >> .

    There are some switches on the ata186.exe program that will force the
    upgrade. As I posted earlier, Cisco doesn't really provide consumer
    support for these (although they may still oem them). I don't know if
    the ATA186 firmware will work.

    >After using the 5#7#80# code , I can only Acces to
    >http://komodo-ip/dev only to see the Config , can not change it and
    > apply !
    >I m really lost , dont know what to do with this Komodo ! and could
    >not
    >find any solution to make it up and runing .
    >I even used some IVR advanced menu code of ATA 186 , they are not
    >100%
    >compatible .
    >I have this version :
    >Version: v1.42 kf300.h323.g3
    >DHCP assigned IP: 192.168.254.2
    >DHCP assigned Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    >DHCP assigned Route: 192.168.254.254
    >MAC_Address: 0.1.45.10.52.45
    >KID: 50668717
    >
    >its H323 Image , cant run with FWD !
    >Thank you for giving me a helping hand .

    That's an ancient version, btw. Latest ATA186 firmware is 3.0 with
    the previous being 2.16. Many of the newer IVR commands do not work
    on the older firmware.

    Also note that it appears you are behind a router that does NAT, so
    you'll have issues getting H323 calls through unless the router know
    how to handle this. I don't know much about FWD, but I suspect you
    need a SIP image.

    -Chris
    , Feb 29, 2004
  5. Roland Zitzke

    Guest

    Re: How to Upgrade Cisco ATA182

    Have you tried emailing Cisco to see if the latest firmware is
    available and how much it will cost? I guess I should also point out
    that Cisco requires you buy firmware from them. Under the Cisco
    license agreement, you can't transfer the software with the hardware.
    , Feb 29, 2004
  6. Roland Zitzke

    Guest

    Re: How to Upgrade Cisco ATA182

    Okay, some more info.

    I just check the Cisco site. Most of the firmware is labelled for the
    ATA-18x, implying it will work for the ATA-182. However most of the
    documentation refers to the ATA-186. Not sure if that clears it up.

    Prior to Version 3.0, the H323 and SIP were incorporated in the same
    firmware image. The images at Cisco didn't go back before 2.14 so I
    can't guarantee the image you have will handle SIP. Since you
    mentioned the transition image, I think you have a version 2.0 or
    later?

    -Chris
    , Feb 29, 2004