  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Anyone using a Cisco ATA-188 with a Nortel BCM?

    Guest, Feb 19, 2004

  2. Guest

    Nortec in MN Guest

    I don't believe this will work. Use the Nortel ATA or ASM designed to work
    with the BCM... which is, IMHO, a sweet system. If you have not tried
    them, light up some of the optional items (CTE, PCM, UM, etc - all kinds of
    cool goodies) - you can try them for free.

    Nortec in MN, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    We've done all that, it is nice in it's market. Too bad it doesn't work so
    well with 100+ phones.
    I haven't see an IP ATA from Nortel, do you have a part number?

    Guest, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Guest

    Nortec in MN Guest

    The Nortel ATA attaches to a TDM port. Also, you will likely see the BCM's
    capacity substantially increased later this year.

    <RC> wrote in message news:4034f4a4$0$83368$...
    > We've done all that, it is nice in it's market. Too bad it doesn't work so
    > well with 100+ phones.
    > I haven't see an IP ATA from Nortel, do you have a part number?
    >
    > "Nortec in MN" <> wrote in

    message

    Nortec in MN, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    By TDM I'll assume you mean a digital station port. I know this is on the
    TDM side of the BCM but I tend to think of a T1 as a TDM port. Although
    since the station port has 2 channels it truly is Time Division
    Multiplexing.

    I haven't heard anything from Nortel about an increase in capacity, but it
    make a lot of sense since I figure that the BCM will eventually replace the
    Norstar (which we also sell).

    As for an IP ATA they really need to make one. In this case it's an ALL IP
    environment and to put in a station module just for a single fax doesn't
    make too much sense. I've looked into using a Cisco ATA188 which has a lot
    of cross vendor and standards support. "In theory" with the BCM supporting
    SIP and H.323 clients (it specifically supports Netmeeting H.323) the Cisco
    ATA should work. I was just hoping someone else might have actually tried
    it.

    Guest, Feb 20, 2004