    gatekeeper, but ignores all call set up requests from the gatekeeper
    for incoming calls becasue of the lack of an e.164 address in the call
    setup message.
    Damon, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Damon wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a way to work around the fact that the cisco ata
    > products require an e.164 address in the call setup?

    AFAIR this functionality (accept any alias as port1-assigned) is not
    possible for ATA.
    To avoid such kind of problems i forced my SmartGate softswitch to
    replace called alias in outgoing Setup with port-attached for every call
    routed to ATA. If your gatekeeper supports number translations at all,
    it SHALL to be able to do this. As i can route calls for per-port
    basics, i can do this for both ports in independent manner. But if you
    use ATA as single port, you don't need this.

    --

    WBR,
    Roman Nikitchenko, http://smartgate.wtelecom.net
    Roman Nikitchenko, Oct 18, 2004