    work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
    home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?

    Thansk

    Antonio, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Antonio

    shido Guest

    Yes, this can be done quite easily with Asterisk

    Both ata's would register to 1 Asterisk server and you can dial an extension
    to ring the other ata. You can even have voicemail or call the PSTN

    --
    Greg Merriweather
    The NuFone Network

    519-251-8225 x 3000
    IM:

    shido, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Antonio

    Guest

    On 24 Oct 2003 15:47:47 -0700, (Antonio) wrote:

    >Hello! Can someone tell me if it is possible to route a call with 2
    >atas?
    >
    >Example: I wanna connect one device to my home pbx and the other to my
    >work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
    >home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?
    >
    >Thansk

    How are you proposing to hook these up? The ATAs are FXS ports,
    meaning you can only hook a phone to them (not a phone line from a PBX
    or telco).

    -Chris

    , Oct 25, 2003
  4. Antonio

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Chris <> wrote:
    > (Antonio) wrote:
    >> Example: I wanna connect one device to my home pbx and the other to my
    >> work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
    >> home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?

    > How are you proposing to hook these up? The ATAs are FXS ports,
    > meaning you can only hook a phone to them (not a phone line from a PBX
    > or telco).

    You can connect them to the PBX ports that would ordinarily be connected to
    outside lines.

    miguel
    --
    Gator is spyware!

    Miguel Cruz, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Antonio

    Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:36:32 GMT, (Miguel Cruz) wrote:

    >Chris <> wrote:
    >> (Antonio) wrote:
    >>> Example: I wanna connect one device to my home pbx and the other to my
    >>> work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
    >>> home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?

    >> How are you proposing to hook these up? The ATAs are FXS ports,
    >> meaning you can only hook a phone to them (not a phone line from a PBX
    >> or telco).

    >You can connect them to the PBX ports that would ordinarily be connected to
    >outside lines.
    >
    >miguel

    If the PBXs in question have FXO ports then this could be setup.

    You'd still have to work out the dialing aspect. I think you can
    setup the dialstring on the ATA to automatically dial when it goes off
    hook (ie PLAR). Been awhile since I messed with the dial string and
    the syntax was very awkward.

    , Oct 25, 2003
  6. Antonio

    shido Guest

    Have your phones register with Asterisk and when 1 phone rings you can ring
    the other after so many seconds or ring them both plus a cell phone at the
    same time if you want. Whichever picks up completes the call and ends the
    others ringing. If you missed it it can dump them into voicemail and when
    you check your email in a few minutes you'll get the message.

    Is this what you're looking for?
    --
    Greg Merriweather
    The NuFone Network