    I was wondering how many people have tried out version 8.0 and how they like it. I am contemplating using 8.0 but I am just a little concerned about lack of documentation. I have seen the stuff on Cisco's site but there is a lot more in the way of sample configs for 7.x.

    Also, one other question that I had is how do you back up a private key and certificate on the ASA? I'd like to totally wipe the config and start from scratch to get a clean config but I'm not sure how to get the certificate and private key.

    Thanks!

    T Blake, Mar 12, 2008

  2. We are running version 8 w/a patch from cisco due to crash dumps. So far
    (excluding the crash dumps which was resolved w/the patch) it has seemed to
    work a lot better and the new ASDM interface appears smoother.

    Your certificate information should be backed up w/your config. So copy off
    your config and you should be fine.

    Its me Earnest T., Mar 12, 2008