Cisco ASA 5520 VPN Client Question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bryan, Sep 11, 2007.

  1. Bryan

    Bryan Guest

    Hello all,

    I have a ASA 5200 box that I've configured for client VPN
    connections. I have it set up to hand out DHCP addresses for the
    network that the box is connected to on the inside. When I connect to
    the box with Cisco client software, everything works fine and the box
    assigns me an IP address from the DHCP pool. Below is what my routes
    look like after connecting to the ASA 5520:

    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination Gateway Genmask Flags
    Metric Ref Use Iface
    192.168.101.253 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 UH
    0 0 0 eth0
    192.168.111.0 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 U
    0 0 0 cipsec0
    0.0.0.0 192.168.111.1 0.0.0.0
    UG 0 0 0 cipsec0

    However, once I'm connected via the tunnel, I cannot get to any boxes
    on the inside network. I have a test web server set up on the inside
    network that is configured with an address on the same subnet of the
    address assigned to the VPN client. I try and go to this box and I
    can't get there, my browser times out. It seems odd to me that the
    default gateway of the client is itself, as I would have figured it
    would be the IP address of the ASA 5520 box. I considered adding a
    static route in the 5520's configuration, but I'm not going to a
    different network a static route wouldn't apply in this case. I
    looked through the 5520's configuration options, but did not see
    anything for configuring the gateway address to hand out to clients.

    Any suggestions on this problem? Thanks! -- BTR

    Bryan, Sep 11, 2007