Cisco AP350 - firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by exodus, Dec 20, 2008.

  1. exodus

    exodus

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hello All,

    I have a Aironet 350. I would like to upgrade the firmware to the latest firmware since it has WPA support. I'm having quite a difficult time.

    I've gone to the:
    cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml

    Wireless Software > Access Points > Cisco Aironet 350 Series > Cisco Aironet 350 Access Points > IOS Software and downloaded

    12.3.8-JEA3(LD) for AP 350

    I tried to use to convert the file into an image:

    Aironet VxWorks to Cisco IOS Conversion Tool and Image
    or even the helper image

    but I get the
    Due to United States export compliance regulations, you must be registered on Cisco.com to download this software. If you do not have a Cisco.com username and password, please register now. Registration is free. If you have already registered, please log in to proceed."

    It is asking you to requesting you to log in but then when i do I loop into the page.

    So what i've found is that you need additional access. Which involves obtaining a contract number which I don't have.

    The question I have to pose is.. is there any way I can update my AP350 with the access I have or does anyone know of an alternative that my lack of experience has not seen.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks greatly appreciated
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
    exodus, Dec 20, 2008