Cisco AP1200 no clients association

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by hax3, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. hax3

    hax3 Guest

    Hi.. hoping someone can assist..

    We have a few Cisco AP1200's that doesn't seem to be accepting any
    connection from the clients.

    Here's what I've discovered so far..
    - event logs doesn't show any info or errors
    - I can't see the AP in netstumbler
    - running Radio Carrier Busy Test, it's showing 100% for all freq.

    I've tried to reset the ap to factory default - still using VXWorks but
    the default Tsunami SSID or anyting is not showing up in netstumbler.

    I've upgraded to the latest version of IOS - same results - no results
    -> no clients connect, no error or any info on event log (except once
    in awhile there is a radio down/reset/up). Only difference is Carrier
    busy is not 100% - all freq is in the 60-70% busy.

    Eventhough carrier busy is high %, net stumbler is picking up only 1-2
    APs using channels 1 or 11. I tried manually setting channel to 6 but
    still no clients are connecting or netstumbler is not seeing the AP.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thank you..
    hax3, Feb 15, 2006

  2. hax3

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Feb 15, 2006

  3. hax3

    BG Guest

    maybe a silly question, but are you sure the radio is enabled?

    BG, Feb 16, 2006
  4. hax3

    hax3 Guest

    Thanks for the link.. I will try this.. but on the newer IOS AP1200
    that is experiencing the same problem, under the Radio-802.11B network
    interface setting, the "Role in Radio Network" Option is already set
    to just "Access Point" and not "Access Point (Fallback Radio
    Shutdown)/(Fallback to Repeater)" and still the same problem.
    hax3, Feb 16, 2006
  5. hax3

    hax3 Guest

    BG.. that's the very first thing I looked at.. the Radio is "ENABLED".
    Current status (sw/hw) is "Enabled" and "UP". I tried disabling first
    and reenabling - same problem. Transmit power is already set to MAX.

    Is there a way for me to check if the Radio is working on these APs??

    Thanks for everyone's suggestions and help..
    hax3, Feb 16, 2006
  6. Can you post your config?

    Oldrin Maduro, Feb 16, 2006
  7. hax3

    hax3 Guest

    Here's the config.. it's basically a factory default, with DHCP IP, Set
    SSID and Radio Enabled.

    !
    version 12.3
    no service pad
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    service password-encryption
    !
    hostname ABCDEFG
    !
    enable secret 5 $1$e5vQ$Zc8xBlJ0ppbFV3NvyfhPn.
    !
    ip subnet-zero
    !
    !
    no aaa new-model
    !
    dot11 ssid tsunami
    authentication open
    !
    !
    !
    username Cisco password 7 032752180500
    !
    bridge irb
    !
    !
    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ssid tsunami
    !
    speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 basic-11.0
    station-role root
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    bridge-group 1
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    interface BVI1
    ip address dhcp client-id FastEthernet0
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ip http server
    no ip http secure-server
    ip http help-path
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag
    !
    !
    control-plane
    !
    bridge 1 route ip
    !
    !
    !
    line con 0
    transport preferred all
    transport output all
    line vty 0 4
    login local
    transport preferred all
    transport input all
    transport output all
    line vty 5 15
    login
    transport preferred all
    transport input all
    transport output all
    !
    end
    hax3, Feb 16, 2006
  8. Let's say that you have one AP1200 that's working fine and another
    that isn't. Let's say that they both have the same model of radio.
    Let's say that you swap the radios, i.e. take out the radio from the
    nonworking AP1200 and put it into the working AP1200 and vice versa.
    Then, if the nonworkingness moves with the radio, I'd say that one
    of your radios is bad.

    Been known to happen.

    Regards,

    Aaron