cisco and telewest

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kevin Wincott, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. an anyone point me in the right direction, this is my config:

    Router#show running-config
    Building configuration...

    Current configuration : 1001 bytes
    !
    version 12.1
    no service single-slot-reload-enable
    service timestamps debug uptime
    service timestamps log uptime
    no service password-encryption
    !
    hostname Router
    !
    no logging buffered
    no logging buffered
    logging rate-limit console 10 except errors
    enable secret 5 xxxx
    enable password xxxx
    !
    memory-size iomem 20
    ip subnet-zero
    no ip routing
    no ip finger
    ip name-server 62.31.176.39
    ip name-server 62.249.250.90
    ip name-server 194.117.134.19
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface Ethernet0
    ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
    ip nat inside
    no ip route-cache
    half-duplex
    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    ip address dhcp
    ip nat outside
    no ip route-cache
    speed auto
    full-duplex
    !
    interface Serial0
    no ip address
    no ip route-cache
    shutdown
    !
    ip nat inside source list 102 interface FastEthernet0 overload
    ip classless
    no ip http server
    !
    !
    line con 0
    transport input none
    line aux 0
    line vty 0 4
    password xxxx
    login
    !
    end

    from here the router I can ping anywhere, from the PC I can ping the LAN
    and WAN side of the router but nothing beyond it

    can anyone help?

    Kevin Wincott, Aug 2, 2007

  2. Kevin Wincott

    Peter Guest

    Hi Kevin,

    > an anyone point me in the right direction, this is my config:

    .... deleted ...

    > can anyone help?

    It looks like you need a default route to your Gateway (next hop
    address)...

    Cheers...............pk.

    --
    Peter from Auckland.

    Peter, Aug 3, 2007

  3. Peter wrote:
    > Hi Kevin,
    >
    >> an anyone point me in the right direction, this is my config:

    > ... deleted ...
    >
    >> can anyone help?

    > It looks like you need a default route to your Gateway (next hop
    > address)...

    To me it looks like the issue here is not with the gateway as the router
    itself is supposed to act like it. If it needs a default route it should
    be passed with the dhcp information from interface Fa0. The big issue
    here is that the ip routing command is disabled (no ip routing) which
    prevents the router from routing the packets between and to other subnets.

    --
    Leander de Graaf

    Leander de Graaf, Aug 3, 2007