CISCO and Juniper Interoperability

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Syed J farooqi, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. We are in the planning stage for Metro Ethernet services to be offered
    by my organisation. The devices shortlisted are the 12000 series GSR
    (P-Router) and the 7609/6509 as the PE/Dist and the 3550/2950 in the
    edge.

    This network has to integrate itself with a Juniper Core (M40 and
    T160) already built and running. This core of junpers will be used for
    intercity metro ethernet backhaul, Internet and for connectivity to
    the outside world. The are planning to use Vlan CCC on the junipers
    (reason being some devices already deployed are from atrica and in
    order to interoperate, we need to connect the cisco's on a ccc). My
    question here is how well do the CISCO boxes suppport the Juniper Vlan
    ccc/extended Vlan ccc (ethernet CCC) and can i extend the CCC from the
    Juniper box till the GSR (interoperate ?).

    Consider the scnario as below in order to better understand my
    question.

    ---[xc]--[atrica]---[Vlan Tag-standard
    tpid]----[juniper-GE-]-----(extended)vlan
    ccc-----[juniper-ge-]---[12K-GSR]--[martini]--[76x/65x]--[martini]--[35xx/29xx]