    Is it true? and in case it is so may you help me to find out which modules are needed for a Cisco 1700 series?

    Many thanks

    Alex.

    AM, Nov 16, 2005

  2. AM schrieb:
    > I'm going to order cisco devices for an office at Hamburg. The guy who
    > is there told me they have T-DSL and T-SDSL and
    > he tells that no Cisco device will handle directly those technologies
    > but we need to use the modem (DCE) given by provider.
    >
    > Is it true? and in case it is so may you help me to find out which

    no.

    Christian Lox, Nov 16, 2005

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    Christian Lox wrote:
    > AM schrieb:
    >
    >>I'm going to order cisco devices for an office at Hamburg. The guy who
    >>is there told me they have T-DSL and T-SDSL and
    >>he tells that no Cisco device will handle directly those technologies
    >>but we need to use the modem (DCE) given by provider.
    >>
    >>Is it true? and in case it is so may you help me to find out which

    > no.

    I thank you for your quick response but do you have some references?
    In particualr for T-SDSL and T-DSL and technical details about them. It seems to me that those are identifiers used only
    in Germany. Or maybe may you tell me the right NG which to write to?
    Many thanks again.
    Alex.

    AM, Nov 16, 2005
  4. AM

    Uli Link Guest

    AM schrieb:

    > I thank you for your quick response but do you have some references?
    > In particualr for T-SDSL and T-DSL and technical details about them. It
    > seems to me that those are identifiers used only in Germany. Or maybe
    > may you tell me the right NG which to write to?
    > Many thanks again.
    > Alex.

    T-DSL is always ADSL over ISDN (even if there is an analogue telephone)
    AnnexB/U-R2 is their specification for ADSL CPE.

    Soho96/C836/C876 will work. A ADSL over ISDN WIC too.

    ADSL over POTS is *very* uncommon in Germany.

    Don't know for their SDSL products.

    --
    Uli

    Uli Link, Nov 16, 2005
  5. Uli Link <> wrote:
    > AM schrieb:
    >

    >> I thank you for your quick response but do you have some references?
    >> In particualr for T-SDSL and T-DSL and technical details about them. It
    >> seems to me that those are identifiers used only in Germany. Or maybe
    >> may you tell me the right NG which to write to?
    >> Many thanks again.
    >> Alex.

    > T-DSL is always ADSL over ISDN (even if there is an analogue telephone)
    > AnnexB/U-R2 is their specification for ADSL CPE.
    >
    > Soho96/C836/C876 will work. A ADSL over ISDN WIC too.
    >
    > ADSL over POTS is *very* uncommon in Germany.
    >
    > Don't know for their SDSL products.

    For T-SDSL Business you'll get a bridge (called "modem" over here) from
    T-Com which has Ethernet on the customer side. So any router that has
    10BaseT for the outside interface and can do PPPoE will work.

    --
    Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT

    Bjoern A. Zeeb, Nov 16, 2005
  6. AM schrieb:
    > I'm going to order cisco devices for an office at Hamburg. The guy who
    > is there told me they have T-DSL and T-SDSL and
    > he tells that no Cisco device will handle directly those technologies
    > but we need to use the modem (DCE) given by provider.
    >
    > Is it true? and in case it is so may you help me to find out which
    > modules are needed for a Cisco 1700 series?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Alex.

    For T-(A)DSL we're using the 836 and for T-SDSL the 1700+WIC-1ENET.

    --Gerald

    Gerald Krause, Nov 16, 2005
  7. AM

    AM Guest

    Uli Link wrote:
    > AM schrieb:
    >

    > T-DSL is always ADSL over ISDN (even if there is an analogue telephone)
    > AnnexB/U-R2 is their specification for ADSL CPE.

    I was looking for this kind of information. Many thanks.
    ADSL over ISDN is quite common also in Spain because they don't want run more cables if the customer has already the ISDN.

    > Soho96/C836/C876 will work. A ADSL over ISDN WIC too.

    Many many thanks, again. I found out this link

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps2167/products_data_sheet09186a0080088748.html

    where Cisco explicity tells that SOHO 96 meets Deutsch Telekom requirements.

    > ADSL over POTS is *very* uncommon in Germany.
    >
    > Don't know for their SDSL products.

    We have one SDSL line but we'll dismiss it preferring ADSL. We don't need symmetric lines.

    One more thing to quickly wake up easily our new router 876: do you know common values for VPI/VCI and encapsulation
    type in Deutsch Telekom? I saw 1/32 and all5mux. Might you confirm?

    Alex.

    AM, Nov 17, 2005