    hands on experience.

    Cheers,

    briandesu
    briandesu, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Uh, Cisco bought Altiga years ago.

    Mike Gallagher, Sep 23, 2004

  3. briandesu

    briandesu Guest

    "Mike Gallagher" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Uh, Cisco bought Altiga years ago.

    I am quite aware that Cisco bought out Altiga. However, the Altiga
    can be found on eBay, so Uh my question Adam Henry. I was considering
    buying an Altiga on eBay, but wanted to know if it might lack features
    that the newer concentrators have, because we all know that companies
    that buy out other companies like to change things from time to time.

    Can the Altiga run a current Cisco software image that supports all of
    the current software features?

    Sayonara,

    briandesu
    briandesu, Oct 3, 2004
  4. According to the most recent release notes for the VPN 3000 Concentrator
    software (4.1.7, see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/vpn3000/4_1/417cn3k.htm#wp31204),
    Altiga Networks VPN Concentrators, Models C10 through C60,
    will will run it.

    Of course there may be licensing type issues for getting
    the newer software onto your old box from eBay.

    Cheers,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ "Mike Gallagher" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    ~ > Uh, Cisco bought Altiga years ago.
    ~
    ~
    Aaron Leonard, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Didn't mean to be a smart ass. Try posting your question clearly the
    first time and you'll get a good answer the first time.

    Mike Gallagher, Oct 5, 2004