cisco aironet bridge 350 AUTHENTICATION- CONNECTION FLAPPING

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by wireless_linker, May 6, 2004.

  1. A question to all the wireless/networking gurus,

    I have two LAN connected via two cisco aironet bridges 350. I have
    configured everything so that I get the two bridges talking to each
    other. One is a root bridge the other a client. Distance a mile .
    And you can ping machines on each LAN and even connect on the Internet
    in the machines in a one LAN using the router in the other LAN.

    Now my problem is that every 30 seconds and some times less it
    disconnects:
    From the log it says
    De

    12 days, 00:25:46 (Info): Station [xxxx]xxxxxxxx Reassociated
    12 days, 00:25:46 (Info): Station [xxxxx]xxxxxxx Authenticated
    12 days, 00:25:45 (Info): Deauthenticating [xxxx]xxxxx, reason "Not
    Authenticated"
    12 days, 00:25:45 (Info): Deauthentication from [xxxx]xxxxxxx, reason
    "Not Authenticated"
    12 days, 00:25:24 (Info): Station [xxxxx]xxxxxxx Reassociated
    12 days, 00:25:24 (Info): Station [xxxxxx]xxxxxxxx Authenticated
    12 days, 00:25:23 (Info): Deauthenticating [xxxxx]xxxxxxx, reason "Not
    Authenticated"
    12 days, 00:25:23 (Info): Deauthentication from [xxxxx]xxxxxxx, reason
    "Not Authenticated"
    12 days, 00:25:02 (Info): Station [xxxxx]xxxxxx Reassociated

    And so on. I get connection fine for a few seconds and it disconnects
    going through the above cycle.
    I tried to disable WEP but had to be careful because one of the
    bridges is not easily accessible (on top of a roof) and I don't want
    to have to access it through console if a major change is required:

    Please give me a hint or a website that talks about this problem. My
    search on this subject was obviously inconclusive.

    wireless_linker, May 6, 2004

  2. Re: cisco aironet bridge 350 connection instability

    wireless_linker, May 8, 2004

  3. wireless_linker

    Monica Guest

    Re: cisco aironet bridge 350 connection instability

    Hello
    I have the same problem. so if you find a solution please let me know
    Thanks

    Monica, May 10, 2004
  4. wireless_linker

    mh Guest

    Re: cisco aironet bridge 350 connection instability

    Are you running IOS on the 30 APs?

    If so post the configs.

    mh, May 10, 2004
  5. wireless_linker

    Monica Guest

    Re: cisco aironet bridge 350 connection instability

    he ... try to change the client bridge "non-root bridge w/o clients"
    -> "non-root bridge w/clients".

    Monica, May 10, 2004