Cisco Aironet 1490 wireless bridge and lightning

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rik, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. Rik

    Rik Guest

    We have a Cisco Aironet 1490 Wireless Bridge located on one of our two
    way radio towers. It works excellently.

    However, three times this year it has been disabled during a lightning
    storm and we have had to replace it.

    We are using the coax cable specified by Cisco (75 0hm RG-6) and have
    it grounded per their specs.

    Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, have you solved it
    satisfactorily?

    Has anyone experimented with using 50 ohm hardline cable (instead of
    the 75 0hm RG-6) on this unit?

    Rik Rasmussen
    Radio System Manager
    City of Durham, NC