Cisco Aironet 1400 vs Trango Atlas 5010

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ned, Nov 21, 2005.

  1. Ned

    Ned Guest

    Has anyone compared the two? Looks like someone in my organization
    purchased Trango and never checked with the IT department. Our shop is
    Cisco and we would have selected an Aironet 1400. We use Radius
    authentication which is not supported by this product, in general the
    Cisco specs seem more secure. Can anyone comment?
    Thanks
    NH

    Cisco Aironet 1400
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps5279/products_data_sheet09186a008018495c.html
    Security
    Cisco Wireless Security Suite, including:
    Authentication
    802.1X support including LEAP to yield mutual authentication and
    dynamic per-user, per-session encryption keys
    Encryption
    Support for static and dynamic IEEE 802.11 WEP keys of 40 bits and 128
    bits
    WPA TKIP and Cisco TKIP enhancements: key hashing (per packet keying),
    Message Integrity Check (MIC), and broadcast key rotation

    Trango Atlas 5010
    http://www.trangobroadband.com/products/atlas_ptp.htm
    Security
    Proprietary MAC address authentication; 128-bit proprietary encryption;
    over-the-air data scrambling; two level password control.
    Ned, Nov 21, 2005